PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge (PZCCC), an initiative of the PZ Cussons foundation, is aimed at improving the learning culture of Chemistry in Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
The initiative is an annual event that commenced in 2013 and has successfully completed 5 editions which were open only to schools in Lagos state,
In 2015 (edition 3) the initiative was supported by Carex Handwash, In 2018 the initiative was sponsored by Premier Cool Deo Soap and Nunu milk
The 6th edition of the competition will ‘break’ the norm to strategically be a National competition that will cut across the GPZs.
In the past editions of the PZCCC, housed brands had always sponsored the competition; the 6th edition however will be supported by Premier (Nigeria’s No 1 Toilet Soap).
NATIONAL REACH This edition is sure to reach a much wider audience as the competition will be held online, ensuring little or no barriers to entry such as having to travel to regional hubs to participate.
ONLINE Another 1st, the entire process will be held online, making PZCCC the only competition (amongst its peers) to find an innovative way to run amidst the 2020 pandemic and its resultant effects.
SPONSORSHIP Past editions have been sponsored by housed brands (except 2013), it is likely that this 7th edition will also be sponsored or supported by a housed brand – Premier.
- (i)The overall objective is to continue to make PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge the No. 1 platform for supporting the learning of Chemistry in Schools.
- (ii)To promote the girl child education within Nigeria.
- (iii)Recruiting new schools to the initiative
- (iv)Deepen brand awareness and association for Premier.
SS 2 Secondary School Student
School principals and proprietor.
- Registration and all stages would be strictly online
- After registration candidates would be required to save or printout a computer-generated docket (with passport picture, name, school, passport, parent’s and principal’s name etc)
- A unique exam number for full log-in would be displayed. CANDIDATES ARE TO SAVE THIS NUMBER
- Stage One – ‘All registered candidates can immediately take their first stage exam after registration is complete. NOTE – All registered candidate has up until registration closes to take the Stage One test’
- Stage Two – ‘Top 1500 students from across the country’
- Stage Three (Practical) – ‘Top 20 students from Stage two’
- Finals – ‘Top 10 students from Stage Three’
Competition is open to all SS 2 Chemistry Students in Nigerian schools
Students must be schooling within Nigeria.
Students are to be sponsored by their Secondary School and/or Parent
Entries are Open to both Private and Public secondary schools.
Entry is FREE.